Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Acer Customer Service - Chapter 3

I am impressed - well so far I am, I have yet to see the repaired computer and see what they had done with it.

I dropped the computer off at the FedEx depot at around 2pm on a Monday and it was guaranteed delevery by noon on Tuesday. Just for fun, not expecting the status on the case to have changed I checked back on the Acer support page around mid afternoon on the Tuesday. The status had changed to "Being repaired", I didn't even have to check the FedEx tracking but it confirmed that it had been delivered and signed for, I was expecting that Acer were going to take their time and maybe have a problem with the fact that I had shipped without a battery. As it turns out, that may well be the best thing to do when returning for repair. In any case not only was it being repaired when I checked later the status had changed to "Prepared to ship" and I recieved an email saying to expect a tracking number and a shipper.

I also checked back on the Acer support page and the status confirmed the same thing. There was a place for a shipper and tracking number but that hadn't been assigned. I checked again early on Wednesday morning and it had not been updated. I expect that it will either be back on Wednesday or Thursday. This is not bad turn-around as it will have been less than a week.

I will be interested in whether the hard drive has been changed out and if any of the files that were on the computer have been recovered. I somehow doubt that especially if they have changed the drive. In fact if there are files and/or programs still on the computer I will have to open up the computer to see if the drive has been changed. I have the serial number of the original one, and as I was saying before it will be interesting to see if the drive is warranted in Canada this time.

I now suspect that the computer may have been dropped by its original owner and the HDD had been "stressed" thus causing a premature failure. The AO722 was purchased from FutureShop as an "Open Box" so I am unsure of its heritage.

7:00PM Wednesday:
No email or update on the status. It is still ready to ship back to me (aparently) but no shipper or tracking number. Of course no email.

Links:

2 comments:

pollostar said...

Tech Support

UK Musings said...

I can see why this post may attract those from India to make comments in an attempt to promote their own on-line service options. But, it you don't know how to embed an Anchor Tag in the comment(see the HTML tags below this window) then the comment is not likely to appear on this blog.

I will re-post the comment from an outfit in New Delhi when I get around to it. However, I will not post the hyperlink as it is "blogspam"